Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Restaurant Week, I think I'll pass next time.

Not about cupcakes or cooking, but dining out. Its restaurant week in Baltimore. I feel obligated to take advantage of a supposed bargain, however I can't decide if $29.00 for a three course dinner is really a bargin... The menu is pre-fixe, not always the restaurants best showing, but the most economical way to pump out a lot of dinners. We had a perfectly acceptable dinner at The Wine Market in Locust Point last night. I had flat iron steak and DH had roasted chicken, we both started with a field greens salad and finished with desert - DH an apple cobbler and me a flour less chocolate cake (read brownie with sauce.) We both had a glass of wine. $73 + tip. I'm not complaining about the cost but the meal was just okay, not WOW, not wonderful, just okay. We've had fabulous lunches there in the past, I'm sure the dinners are just as good outside of restaurant week. I didn't walk away hungry, but portions were smallish and the service seemed rushed, very rushed. (I may have wanted a second glass of wine, but was never asked.) I left without a good feel for the restaurants capabilities.

Restaurant week rolls around again in the summer, I think I'll find my bargain elsewhere.

2 comments:

K8teebug said...

Your experience at RW is why I've given up going to RW. I usually spend more money on dinner going to those things than I normally would! Glad to see I'm not alone! Keep making those yummy cupcakes :)

Joyce said...

Agreed! I guess it serves a purpose for a lot of folks, things book quickly. I will try some new places under "better" conditions ;)