Monday, June 23, 2008

Cupcake 31 - Mango and Ginger




A recipe that has been in my head for a while and the ingredients on my shelf waiting. I just got my stash of extracts from Supreme Spice (http://www.supremespice.com) and very eager to give the ginger extract a whirl. Delish! The mango was subtle and the ginger gave a cupcakes a bit of an exotic feel. The extract had more punch than powdered ginger or fresh, it was a good choice when you need a spice to be front and center. I paired the cupcakes with some of my favorite Thai food for mini vacation.


Very accidentally this batch of cupcakes coincided with my friend Kit's wedding anniversary. She's the author of the blog Mango and Ginger (http://mangoandginger.blogspot.com) Cheers! Kit and Cooper!


To the standard yellow cupcake recipe add 1/3 cup mango marmalade and 3/4 c mango nectar, 6 drops ginger extract and 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger. Once the cupcakes cool, bush the tops with melted mango marmalade. Frost with buttercream adding 3 T mango marmalade, 3 t mango nectar and 4 drops ginger extract.

No comments: