Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cupcake 62 - Tailgate party!




I'm not a huge football fan, but the folks around me are, by association I get a little more football than I need on a day to day basis. My brother asked if I was making a cupcake to celebrate the Baltimore Ravens making the playoffs. I had to sigh, just a little, and ask what a "Ravens cupcake" would taste like? I even hedged my question with "purple is not a flavor unless you are four years old at a snowball stand." I only got a bunch of sports jargon and buzz words, not much help in the kitchen. Feeling more lazy than creative yesterday, I threw together a batch of vanilla cupcakes with some purple sprinkles and purple marshmallow filling. And you know what they taste like? They taste like victory, sweet, sweet victory. Okay, maybe I am a football fan, just a little.



No comments: